Best Dentist In Boston: Dr. Geoffrey Davis.

I've mentioned before on this blog about how much I love my dentist.  And that is a rare thing for me... As I traditionally don't have warm fuzzy feelings associated with going to the dentist.

I had my semi-annual check-up on Wednesday this week.  And in the X-rays, the hygienist discovered a good sized cavity on my top molar all the way in the back.

"Can you not feel it?" she asked.

"Nope," I said.  "I haven't had any pain whatsoever."

They booked an appointment for this morning to get it taken care of sooner rather than later.  And I was dreading it.  So much so, that I scheduled myself to work from home afterwards... Because I was anticipating a bad experience.

Why?

Well, I have had quite a bit of dental work done in the past six years.  A few cavities, an emergency root canal, and a few more cavities.  Funny enough, the cavities have always been from old cavities that weren't filled properly, and then developed again and had to be redone.  That's also how I ended up with the emergency root canal.  And in addition to the work, I seem to have nerves in my mouth in odd places.  So once the drilling gets going, I start to fill a tingling... Which means I am not completely numb.  So I easily find myself loaded with five shots of Novocaine, just to get the work done.

So you can understand why I don't like going to the dentist usually.

But Dr. Davis is great.  My cleanings for the past year and a half have mostly been pleasant. Only until this Wednesday was there much scraping needed.  And today, when I found myself in the chair, I only needed two shots of Novocaine.  The good doctor was done with in 20 minutes.  And I felt nothing.  Nothing but numbness.

He filled the cavity with a porcelain filling... Which costs more, but I prefer it.  They're easier to deal with, and the silver ones can shrink.  So, for me, it's just worth it to spend the extra $50 for a porcelain one.

Now, I am at home, working away...  But the right side of my face is a little numb.  Hopefully it will wear off soon.  I'd like to drink some coffee.

Comments

Popular Posts