How I Spend My Afternoons Now.

Since becoming a lady of leisure on Monday, I have now begun an afternoon ritual...

Just before 1pm each day, I go to Starbucks on Tremont Street.  I site for two hours, using my allotted free WiFi time to write.  

While there, I drink a soy caramel machiatto...


(I just can't bring myself to drink real milk.  And the soy milk isn't so bad if it is mixed into something sugary.)

Then I get an Americano.


The few days I have been going to Starbucks, I have noticed:
  • The neighborhood mailmen (they are all men) sit and gather for Venti drinks with whipped cream.
  • There are almost no tables available near outlets, unless you get there seriously early. So you need to go in with a fully charged laptop.
  • There is a mid-afternoon rush, usually around 2pm.  Mummies with strollers and people from local businesses come in for their coffee breaks.
Tomorrow afternoon, though, I may be a little late getting to my regularly scheduled ritual... I have to go to an early Bikram class, instead of the 4:30pm.

Oh the woes of those leading a life of leisure.

Comments

Unknown said…
I spend my afternoon just like you but with a late....haha
Kara said…
Is that a new Macbook I spy?

I remember you posting something a while back about wanting one but I don't recall hearing anything about it after that. I've been thinking about upgrading to the new model myself so I had to ask!
Me said…
LOL!

Yep, Kara... It's the new Macbook. I love it. The new software is fantastic. I still have and use my old Macbook too, though. I wanted two laptops.

I bought mine when they went on a brief sale last Thanksgiving. It was my Christmas gift from The Husband.
Anonymous said…
I like that black leather case in the "Americano photo" - what is it?
~Tiann
Me said…
LOL! Thanks Tiann!

That's my wallet. The one I purchased from Cole Haan back in the Fall.

http://www.colehaan.com/colehaan/catalog/product.jsp?productId=194940&categoryId=300400&productGroup=174566
Anonymous said…
Thank you.
I adore it.
You sure have great taste. :)
~Tiann
sheryl k said…
I live in the neighborhood and I've noticed our mailmen there too - one day I saw one of them showing vacation photos to all the other ones - something about that was very touching.

Popular Posts