Business Travel Ain't Sexy Or Glamourous.

I spent the afternoon watching a movie about business travel. It had George Clooney in it. (Purrrr!) And it gave great shout-outs to American Airlines and the Hilton Hotel chain. And as sexy as it made business traveling seem, I am far enough in my career to be secure in the following opinion I have developed:

I do not like business travel.

Well... That's not entirely true. I don't mind traveling for business. But I 100-million-times prefer traveling for personal reasons over business reasons. And tomorrow I board a plane to the middle part of the U.S. for a day. Then I come home the next day.

Exciting times.

So, given that it is a quick trip, I waited till this evening to pack my bag. And here it is...


Yep. This is all I am taking. Everything I need for 24 hours is in this one bag. My Lululemon carry-on.

I figured there really wasn't any need for my beloved Alexander McQueen ribcage bag. That's the bag I take for week-long excursions to Europe. But for a one-day trip to another office in the States? Just one bag is needed.

First rule of (business or personal) travel: Pack light and take only what will make you feel great.

(And for those of you who are in the know... I will be packing a box of Cheez-Its in the bag on my return trip.)

Comments

bikramyogachick said…
I was just going to suggest that! (the cheez-its) :)
Safe travels my friend!
Melissa said…
Parts of that movie was filmed a block or two from the St. Louis Bikram Studio. It was a nice sight to get out of yoga, drive by the set, AND get to see Clooney (And wow, he has a lot of stalkers!).
Me said…
How funny Melissa! I am in St. Louis for my busines trip.
Bayjb said…
Wow that is really good. I hate business travel too but I am doing better at carrying on instead of checking my bad (depending how long I'm going).
Melissa said…
Ha! That is quite a coincidence. Enjoy your time here. :)

Popular Posts