A Missus-ism: "It Pays To Be A Slut."

Whoa... Now, don't jump the gun and think I am suggesting we all be loose women/men... Let's put this in relative terms.

I have a friend who is trying to get a consulting service off the ground. But, as everyone can imagine, it's easier said than done. It takes a lot of work to make connections and attract business. And this friend, who everyone should hire because they are phenomenal at what they do, became quite frustrated recently.

"I am so tired of writing these pitches!" they screamed over IM.

"Yeah," I sympathized for a second. "But it's all in effort so that you can focus on what you truly want to do in your career. So you have to do it."

Then I went on to really illustrate my point.

"It's like with dating," I explained. "You have to kiss A LOT of frogs to meet your prince or princess. It's the same with starting a business. It pays to be a slut, and always pitching."

The friend laughed. They agreed with the perspective. Being "slutty" is necessary.

(Bet that shit is advice your mum never gave you!)

Comments

Popular Posts