Dreams: Dorm, 33 & Running Backwards.

I seem to always have bad Bikram classes after a night of weird dreams.

Tonight's class was really tough. Not the toughest I've ever had... But I could just not quiet my mind! And it was like that all day. In the back of my head, I kept trying to figure out the dream.

Here is what I can recall...

I am back at University, trying to find my room in the dormitory. It's room number 33, but I can't seem to find it. At first I try to find it myself. But eventually I just ask people... And it seems that it is tucked away in a corner of the building. I find it and go in.

My friend Bail is there. She is my roommate. She points out the two desks in the room that she has taken for herself. I start to ask why I don't get one of the desks. But that's when I realize that there are four in the room.

I decide to head outside to get more of my things for the room. But they're in another building up a slight hill. I start to run up the hill... But my legs can't move fast enough. So I turn around and run up it backwards, because it appears I can do it faster that way.

Ohmigosh!

Where to start?

Okay...
  • Dorm - To dream that you are in a dormitory, represents the value you place on knowledge and education. You believe that you are always learning and not just in the classroom.
  • Lost - To dream that you are lost, suggests that you have lost your direction in life or that you have lost sight of your goals. You may be feeling worried and insecure about the path you are taking in life. Alternatively, you may be trying to adjust and get accustomed to a new situation in which the rules and conditions are ever changing.
  • Room - To dream that you find or discover new rooms, suggests that you are developing new strengths and taking on new roles. You may be growing emotionally. Consider what you find in the discovered room.
  • 33 - Thirty-Three represents high potential and mastery in your own spiritual consciousness
  • Desk - To see or sit at your desk in your dream, suggests that you are evaluating and weighing your problems. It is indicative of self-exploration and discovery.
  • Running - To dream that you are trying to run but cannot make your feet move as fast as you want them to, signifies lack of self-esteem and self-confidence
  • Backward - To dream that you are walking or moving backward, signifies that what you are doing may be counter-productive. What you are seeking in life appears to be moving away from you.
Yes. Yes. Yes. I am always on a journey of self-discovery. I am always seeking an answer from the Universe.

"Am I on the right path?"
"Should I be doing this over that?"
"Am I being a chicken shit by defaulting to what I know (and actually love) rather than feeding my hunger for new adventure?"
"Should I stop drinking Starbucks and switch to Tim Horton's?"

(The answer to the last one is, "Hell-to-the-no.")

As the Dancing J once told me, "You need to just make a decision. Stop asking the Universe. Things will fall into place."

Easy said. And those are words I preach to others myself. But actually having the courage to do it for myself?

I am a chicken-shit when it comes to this kind of thing.

Comments

bikramyogachick said…
Wow. I had a strange dream the other night too. I was here (in Las Vegas) but it looked different. I was crossing a busy street but I couldn't walk fast enough. The blinking signal said don't walk and the woman in front of me was walking fast enough to make it, but not me. My legs would not move! Ugh. Help with figuring out this one??
Me said…
Here's what the dictionary says about having trouble walking...

"To dream that you have difficulties walking, indicates that you are reluctant and hesitant in proceeding forward in some situation."
ro said…
As a friend of mine once said, it's more about what YOU think the dream means, than actual meaning found in dream dictionaries and such. I would suggest, since yoga practice opens chakras (and naturally that would follow that you will have more interesting dreams) that you start keeping a dream journal, if you haven't got one already.
Me said…
Very true, Ro.

I use this blog as my dream journal, for the most part. But keeping a hand-written one is a good idea.

I actually need to have my chakras cleared again in late December. I usually have it done once a year. But it's been a while. Need to find a shamanic healer.
ro said…
Oooo! Shamanic healer! Sounds intriguing. I've been offered..rather, TOLD by a good friend that I need a reiki session as well as an angel reading. I'm more comfortable with the reiki (my mum's a level one) than the angel thing. But now that you mention chakra opening and shamans...must investigate for NY area as well. :)
Me said…
I can actually do an angel reading for you. I have cards for it. And there are quite a few shamanic healers in the NYC area. Joe Monkman is one... http://fishingforsoul.wordpress.com/about/

Popular Posts