Needed: Throw Pillows, Grey Walls & Dark Wood Floor.

Owning a house is expensive.

And I'm not just talking about the monthly carrying cost of the house... You know: mortgage, utilities, repairs, gardeners, taxes... I'm talking about the on-going decorating costs.

I have decided that after four months in this house, I no longer like the color of my office...


I should have been more daring with the color when I initially had it painted in August. I went with a misty lavender color. But what I had originally wanted was a steely grey.

Black, shades of purple and grey... That was what I wanted my home office to be. But I decided to shy away from the grey walls I lusted for in my dreams. And I played it safe with the light purple color.

But my redecorating wish list doesn't stop with simply bringing the painter back and having the walls re-done. No... I want a new floor too. I just can not stand the site of white wall-to-wall carpeting. As soft and warm as it is, it just isn't my style.

Wall-to-wall carpet belongs in a Bikram studio. Not in a chic home office.

In it's place, I want to put dark wood flooring. And a gypsy-like rug of some kind.

The one thing on my redecorating wish list that I think I can accomplish fairly quickly is the addition of throw pillows for my fainting sofa. Not sure what I want exactly... But the space needs some pillows. Fun ones.

Comments

I HATE carpet! I don't have even an inch of it in our house. Hardwood/ tile everywhere. The idea of carpet that someone else used to live on really skeeves me out too, how clean can it really be? Get the floors!
I do like the walls. I think gray would be safer than purple? Not a lot of grown adults have purple walls, I think it's fun!
Allie said…
Since I'm sitting here playing "wait for the drywall guy" (I canceled an appointment AND got up at 6:30 this morning so I could be showered and ready when he got here only to get a phone call that he won't be in until "after lunch" and now, at 2:30, I'm still waiting for him to show ... I no longer hate anything in my house that I can't fix myself. :) Except for the bathroom. Hence, the waiting.

Sorry. I needed to vent a little more. :)
Me said…
Whoa!!! What a pain in the ass! I've never dealt with a drywall guy... But He sounds even worse than waiting for the cable guy!
Unknown said…
You can always put a layer cool area rug(s) over the w2w. Stylists do it all the time!
Me said…
Good idea... And I did think about it... But I really want to get rid of the carpet. I just can't stand it. Plus, I want dark floors in there. Much chicer.
Duffy Pratt said…
My question is whether you aren't likely to change your mind again in another 4-6 months, after you get these changes done. I've found that to be a danger with the fashion minded. Things they like now, they tend to hate in just a little while.

Popular Posts