"Repeal Day" Means "Happy Christmas."

Today is Repeal Day. I had originally planned to go out to dinner and drinks with The Husband, to celebrate the day like I did last year in Boston. But we were asked to dinner outside the city with friends. So we did that instead. (It was yummy!)

Before we left the city, we spent the afternoon getting each other's holiday gifts. Last weekend I snuck his university diploma and CFA certificate out of the house to a custom framer. They made beautiful frames and matted the documents for me. The Husband loved it, and was truly surprised by it. He had no idea that's what I was up to. And for me, he got me this...


A Nespresso Citiz machine!!!!

One of my friends from Arizona had been on my case for about a year and a half to try one of these things. And when I was in Paris last Spring, I went to the Nespresso boutique on the Champs Elysees. So I knew the stuff was good... But I never really gave much thought to having one myself. At least, not until my 5-year-old coffee machine died a few weeks ago.

"I need to inspect new coffee machines," I made a note to myself.

But the truth is... I don't actually drink much coffee. I drink espresso drinks. So an espresso machine was really what I needed. And after much research, I asked people what they knew/thought about Nespresso machines.

Turns out... Everyone and their mother seem to have one!

"I love mine! Had it for six years!"
"I just replaced my old one with a new one!"
"It's a fantastic kitchen tool!"
"The espresso is so clean and pure!"

I went to Williams-Sonoma and tried the espresso for myself again... And I was sold. The Husband paid for it, I brought it home... And now it is mine.

And it is awesome.

There will be a lot less Pumpkin Spice Lattes, and Starbucks in general, around here.

Comments

Bayjb said…
Wow that looks really good. I can only imagine how good that stuff tastes. I would totally give up Starbucks if I had one of those at home.

Popular Posts