Hot Stones & Therapy.

Ahh...

In exactly a eight days I will be at a spa outside of Tucson. The Miraval Spa Resort. And I can not wait! The past few weeks have been kinda crazy for me. I thought it would be quiet... But it has been non-stop. So I am looking forward to getting away and relaxing.

(And I really need it before the craziness in the new year begins... Working and a 101-Day Bikram challenge!)

I am a huge fan of spa getaways, because I LOVE spa treatments. And I haven't had one since I went to Mexico two months ago. So I am splurging on myself and getting at least TWO treatments while I am there. After some research and discussion with consultants at the spa, here is what I have chosen so far:

Hot Stone Massage
Using basalt stones to loosen muscles and release tension, a deep tissue massage is given for 80 minutes. EIGHTY MINUTES!!!!

Brennan Healing Science
Meant to restore well-being, emotionally balance the mind-body-soul and help enhance life by learning to listen to your inner guidance, this treatment "combines innovative healing techniques with spiritual and psychological processes." My take: It's an hour of having someone ask me about my feelings. But it's the closest thing they had to a shamanic healing, as the original treatment I wanted wasn't available because that particular healer is on vacation.

I'm not big on facials anymore. I have never tried a body scrub treatment, and I am hesitant to let someone abrasively rub my naked body. So a "therapy session" and a massage sound ideal to me. But I may change my mind later. We're at the spa for three days.

Comments

Allie said…
Ooh! I have never done a spa vacation, but I would love to. It seems like a fantastic way to break up the winter blahs.
Me said…
It is. It definitely is.
That massage sounds like heaven!

Popular Posts