Crazy Dreams.

Okay. Back when I was working at my last job I would have the same dream-theme at least once every few weeks.

I would dream that I was still waiting tables at the Outback Steakhouse (where I worked back in college.) However, I would get really far behind on taking care of my tables. Even though I was running around at a quick pace doing things (taking orders, dropping off drinks, running food), I would find myself still behind with all my tables. Eventually, I would just run out of the restaurant and leave everything unfinished. Then I would wake up.

I used to have this dream back when I worked at the Evil Empire. In both cases (my last job and the Evil Empire) I never stopped working. My days were long and jam-packed with stuff to do. So I always interpreted the dream as my sub-conscious's way of telling me I was working at a crazy pace. (Funny how the body can alert you to these things.)

Well, since I am not working (yet) I had a crazy dream last night. But it wasn't the "waiting tables" dream. It was about work though. And it was kinda funny, in my fine opinion.

I dreamed that I stopped by my last place of employment to visit with some of my friends who work there still. When I got there though, for some reason everyone there thought I was returning to work there. I still had a desk there. My old boss stopped by to tell me that our demanding client was on the phone and wanted to chat. I pick up the phone and start talking to the client and give her some advice on SEO. Then my boss's boss stops by and chats with me about my recent vacation. And other people keep stopping by to say "Hi."

It was as though they didn't realize I had left there and didn't work with them anymore!!!

And I kept trying to tell the bosses that "I don't work for you anymore. I am going to be starting at Dxxxxxx in a few days."

But no one listened. They just kept asking me questions about SEO and kept acting like nothing had ever happened and I had never left in the first place.

In the dream, I had fun while I visited there. But eventually I left the place. After all, I had another job to go to.

Comments

Anonymous said…
ahhh! how horrifying! stuck at work...more seo than you know what to do w/ ...ahh! how terrible...

wait, wait one second...that is my life ...your nightmare is my life...hmmm how terrible!

Popular Posts