Too Early For New Year's Resolutions?

I've been dilly-dallying online this morning. Mostly on iVillage. So far, I have taken an IQ test they have (I scored a 148 - that's the "gifted" level); read a message board entry about a guy who bought his fiance a small quality diamond and she promptly asked for a bigger stone; and read a number of the girlie blogs they have on the site.

One blog I came across talked about New Year's Resolutions. And I then realized that there are only three full weeks (and a few days) left in 2006. So I need to start thinking about whether or not I want to identify some resolutions for myself, and what they will be.

So far, potential resolutions include:

1. Actually using my gym membership; not just doing yoga. I pay a nice sum each month to Boston Sports Club. But I haven't used it regularly. But I don't want to give it up. Dilemma.

2. Drink less coffee. I drink way too much. I don't want to cut the coffee out of my life; just cut back.

3. Drink more water. Must replace coffee intake with water intake.

4. Stop subjecting my husband to Netflix rentals of the different seasons of "Felicity." I didn't watch this show when it was on TV years ago. I have since decided that I need to watch the entire season courtesy of Netflix. But this means my husband (who has no interest in this show) doesn't get to watch any movies with me. With every new DVD I get form Netflix he says, "I can tell you how the story goes. She has drama. She hooks up with one of those two dudes. She has lots of introspective moments in between." (But he doesn't understand that there is so much more to the story than that. And I must see it. And live it with the character.)

This is all I have come up with so far. Don't know how serious I am about any of them though. And shouldn't you be serious about your resolutions?

Comments

Popular Posts