London Calling... Says "Crack Is Okay Here."

Apparently it is perfectly fine to possess heroin, crack and or cannabis in London. All you will get is a relatively small fine and have your license suspended. And to be honest, not being able to drive in London ain't exactly a rough thing. The Underground there goes enough places to still get around. And it's seriously not going to be a rough thing for U.K. rocker Pete Doherty. He was sentenced earlier this week (after his 12th arrest in two years) for possession of hard and dangerous drugs. All he got this time was a fine of less than $500 and his license suspended for four months.

Seriously though; what does one have to do in London to get arrested? Could I maybe run over to Bond Street and take what I want from the shops without paying? If so, I know where I'm booking my next vacation. Or if I ever want to try drugs, I now know Amsterdam isn't my only European option.

Comments

Popular Posts