The Shortest Day of the Year.

The Winter Solstice is today, which means Winter is officially here. (Where's my snow at, yo?) Also, it means that today is the shortest day of the year. The sun will set here in Boston today at 4:15PM. That's a bit early for darkness, but it'll get better after today.

It could be worse though... I could be in a very Northern European country, like my friend Brevitt is right now. He was telling me that he only has about four hours of daylight where he is on a business trip. And those three hours of daylight are really more like "dusk-light." The sun rose there today at a little after 11AM and set (already) at about 3:30PM. "Good times" for him.

But yay! Winter is here! And even if there is no snow or "really" cold weather yet here in the Northeast... There is a positive side to all this warmth... It keeps gas prices down in the short-term.

(Random fact, I know.)

Comments

Popular Posts