I Need Balance.

It's been a few years since I last had my ears candled. If you're not familiar with ear candling, the basic gist is:

You lay on your side. A long, hollow bee-wax candle is placed in your ear and lit at the top. As the candle burns down, any "debris" that you have in your ear is vacuumed up onto the insides of the hallow candle. The process takes about 20 minutes per ear... And afterwards you feel really relaxed. The whole point of the treatment is to relax you, clean out your ears, heighten your senses and restore your balance; which can be affected by your hearing.

I haven't had it done in a few years because I just forgot about having it done. But with my vacation to the British West Indies next week, I want to be as relaxed before I get on the plane as possible.

This is a good treatment to have at the start of flu season, or if you feel a cold coming on, as it helps with sinuses and headaches.

I'm having my treatment at the Giacomo and Rondi Salon and Spa in Kenmore Square. There are a few places in Boston that also offer the service, but this is a new spa for me to visit. I wanted to try a new place.

Expect my review tomorrow evening of the place when I get back!

Comments

Popular Posts