It's Off To Work (I Will) Go...

Since I have accepted, I can officially write about it here on the "Common Ground" that I have a new job. Yay!

Truth is, I wasn't looking for a new job. Not actively. Since leaving my last place of employment I have been taking it easy. And I have been enjoying it. But I repeatedly had "search" opportunities come my way through no energy exerted on my part. But none of the search opportunities felt "right." At least not for me and what I was looking for in a potential new job. I knew that if I did decide to go back to work someday, the company I worked for would have to meet the following requirements:

1. Be in the city of Boston. This doesn't mean "just outside Boston" or "apart of the Boston-area."
2. Be off the subway line or within walking distance of my apartment. Sorry, no busses or cars allowed for me.
3. Have a reputation for being a kick-ass place to work. The people had to be nice and the atmosphere of the place had to "reek" of no-B.S.
4. Ideally, the place had to be near my gym and my yoga studio.
5. No crazy long hours every week required. The occasional long work-week is fine. But anything that goes over 45 hours a week on a regular basis is unacceptable.

And I have found a place that meets these requirements! And you know what? I will NOT be working in search marketing. I will be copywriting. I get to write copy for a THE TOP DIGITAL AGENCY in this city; if not this industry.

So January 2nd, I report back to work. And I feel rested enough and ready to get back to the working world.

I hope the people I will be working with think I am cool.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Congrats on the new job!! Sounds like a kickass opportunity. Where are you going?
Anonymous said…
Are you no longer linking me?

>:-0
Anonymous said…
I've been reading your blog for a while now, sorry it's taken me so long to comment.

I just wanted to say congrats on the new job. I'm glad you "found" something that fits :)
Anonymous said…
congratulations!!!! :-)

keep me filled in how you like the new gig :-)

Popular Posts