Blades of "Bore-Me."

I was so, SO pumped to see Will Ferrell's latest movie, Blades of Glory.

I left work to go buy tickets to an evening showing yesterday. And my husband and I walked to the theater after work. But we both left feeling like the funniest bits of the whole movie were shown in the trailer.

It's not that the movie wasn't funny. It was. But it was all "predictable" funny. And the special effects of the movie were really bad. Stunt doubles were obviously used for Ferrell and his co-star, John Heder from Napolean Dynamite. And because stunt doubles were used for the skating, Ferrell and Heder's faces were digitally animated onto the bodies... And it looks bad. Makes it hard to watch the movies.

Overall, I wasn't "wowed" by the story. It was very boring. I had to force laughter, just to feel like the movie wasn't a complete waste.

I don't recommend this film. If you are going to see it, wait till it comes out on Netflix.

Comments

Popular Posts