MSN Still Sucks...

And I guess they know they know exactly how I and many other people out there (specifically, search marketers) feel. Their customer service lacks (and that's being very nice on my part) and their engine just does not draw a lot of savvy users in...

To be perfectly honest, I don't know when I have ever used MSN's search engine ever in my life. Since the summer of 2000, I have been (and always will be) a Google girl. I will occasionally dilly-dally on other engines; but MSN is NOT one of them.

But they still are trying their little hearts out... They're like Lindsay Lohan's Dad, Michael, who keeps trying to win his daughter's affection back. There's only a shot in hell the reunion will happen anytime soon, but he keeps trying because that's all he can do. And MSN's latest attempt to gain Internet users' affections is to go to corporations and offer an incentive.

It's an interesting idea MSN, but... You're going to piss off a lot of users if they are forced to use your product during work hours.

I know I would go insane if I had to use Internet Explorer and have it pre-set to MSN search. Thank God I have Firefox downloaded on my work computer. I'd have to go "ninja-style" on my IT guy if he came to me one day and said he had to un-install Firefox and that I could only use IE.

It would be like telling me I couldn't wear Paige Denim anymore, and could only wear the horribly-fitting Banana Republic jeans they try to sell you as "semi-designer" for $88. It's a joke, really. Because if I'm gonna pay more than $50 for a pair of jeans (and we all know I certainly will), they better be much better in way quality and fit then what Banana Republic offers. I can get a better pair of fitting jeans at Old Navy or GAP. And they will be much less than Banana Republic.

So, I guess this posting has two points:
  1. MSN's search engine creeps me out.
  2. Banana Republic Jeans are a huge waste of money.

Comments

Popular Posts