It's A Mob Scene Out There.

I waited till later in the afternoon (late for me - 1pm) to head outside in the sunshine. And I wish I had done it earlier in the day. Because the streets were quite packed with everyone out trying to enjoy the sunshine.

South End brunch spots were crowded, as well as all the boutiques. I headed over to Copley, and eventually Newbury Street, and it was the same. Walking was nearly impossible. Anywhere you wanted to get to probably took twice as long with the crowds.

But eventually I got to all the spots I wanted to hit. And I even found some cute things to pick up for my wardrobe... Including:

Black Cardigan

I haven't bought one of these in about three years. I wear them a lot, and I needed to update this staple in my wardrobe. I picked this one up at J. Crew... Which oddly enough, I have noticed has staples that are better quality and only slightly more expensive than the GAP.

Sexy Black Top
(I can't find a picture...) I made it to the Marc by Marc Jacobs store on Newbury eventually. But the place was also packed inside. I did manage to find a sweet black, sheer cotton tunic-style top that I was able to try on. (Nice score!)

Also while out shopping I ran into a colleague from my old work place in the fall. I barely recognized her because she had dyed her light brown/blonde hair to a deep chocolate color. And it looked so sophisticated on her!

After that, I headed home and out of the crowds. I will probably try to take advantage of the warmth again later and check one of the new restaurants in the neighborhood.

Comments

Popular Posts