Don't Bother "Shecking" It Out.

Just got back from the Shecky's event down the street at the Boston Center for the Arts... And boy was it disappointing.

They really need to rethink how they promote this event to women. What they should do is say it's a great night of open bar and lounging with a free gift bag and some shopping vendors. Don't call it a shopping event though. If there's shopping being pushed, there needs to be a lot more variety. All I saw were jewelry vendors, home-made-y handbag vendors and a few clothing boutiques. And they were all selling very similar things. If I'd thought to make it a girls' night out, it would have been more fun. But I had my hopes set on being introduced to some really cool fashionable vendors. And it so wasn't like that.

If I go again, it will have to be with a group of friends.

I didn't leave the event empty-handed though. I had a red wine (which is all I could handle... as I am now buzzed after drinking half the glass; which could be translating to into a nicer review than I could have given them.) And then I picked up my free gift bag and even found something to buy.

The gift bag was not bad. Here's a picture.



In it were two magazines... New Beauty and Blueprint (which I have both read), a full size bottle of Seabreeze astringent (I had no idea they still made this stuff!), a sample size of Clinique Superdefense, Body Moisturizing Lotion by Dr. Michelle Copeland, gold hoop earrings from Sarah's Jewelry Design, a sample of Sunsilk Anti-Poof hair products, cherry-flavored SoftLips balm, Make Up Forever Professional liquid make-up, and...



A really scary Conair Soft Foam Grip round brush that says it cuts down on static electricity... But I highly doubt that.

What I bought at the event were the following...

Cute Pirate-Ribbon Key Chain & Cute Butterfly Snap change Purse



Both of these were from a vendor called "Notables." Very cute!

Comments

Popular Posts