Beauty Update: Creme De La Mer.



Last month I caved to a trend and purchased a pot of Creme De La Mer, the super fancy-schmancy moisturizing cream beloved by celebrities and beauty magazine editors.

My skin was parched, and I was desperate. So I shelled out the cash to try it out for myself. And I wasn't disappointed.

I know, some of you may have been hoping that all the hype about this product was merely just consumers going "ga-ga" for a department store product that smells great but only costs a lot. So I hate to burst your bubble... This stuff is great.

First of all, the cream is so thick. Thicker than the frosting you get out of a can. And that means, you DON'T use as much as you think you have to. Just grabbing a pinch and warming it between your finger tips (as instructed by the make-up counter lady) was more than enough to dab all over my face.

That's right, I wrote "dab." Because that's all you do. You don't rub it into your skin. You take the tips of your fingers and allow them to "dance" the cream all over your face and neck.

Secondly, the cream is very think. (I know, I wrote that before.) And it really does a great job of locking in moisture on your skin, making it soft... Like a kitten's bottom (only not hairy.) I didn't really have any fine lines to begin with (because I wear an SPF on my face every day), but any I may have had forming certainly aren't showing anymore.

Though, I should note, while I am very happy with the product, I will probably try the version specific for oily skin the next time I buy it. I have "combination" skin... And the full-moisture version has been great over most of my face... But I do have to dab less of it on in some areas that aren't as dry.

Comments

Popular Posts