The Last One Graduates.

We spent most of Friday with my family in Phoenix (away from the resort) to celebrate my sister’s graduation from university.

She’s the youngest of the four kids in the family… And now she is all done with school, and is out into the real world to support herself. She’s gonna be a teacher, somewhere within the early education years.

It’s kind of scary though, when I think about it. She was born in 1985. I remember the night she was born. (My Dad left us other three children alone in our military housing apartment to go with my mom to the hospital. The oldest was 11 years old. I was seven. The youngest was four. We piled into my parents’ bed and slept through most of the night. My dad came home early in the morning and told us we had a redheaded baby sister. The rest of us had dark brown hair… Including my parents.)

Well, 1985 wasn’t that long ago people. And it’s just a wonder how quickly time flies by in life. I remember teaching my sister how to talk and give people “the finger.” And it doesn’t seem like that was all that long ago.

Time flew by quickly and in a blur… But I am sure she still remembers some of the words I taught her… And I KNOW she still remembers how to give people “the finger” when she needs to.

Thank God it’s not me going out there to educate children in early education. (Congrats M! You’ll be a great teacher!)



(M & J, my siblings. Still incognito with the sunglasses.)

Comments

Anonymous said…
tell your sis congrats!!! my lil sis graduates this saturday :-) -- such craziness

Popular Posts