The Fashion Police Hit Downtown.

One of the joys of working in Downtown Crossing is all the crazy people watching you can do. Especially when your office is above the Borders Bookstore, and you sit near floor to ceiling windows that allow you to take in all the sights below...

Yesterday, our quiet office was interrupted by an impromptu fashion show put on in the Borders courtyard by Marshalls.

The usual God-fearing-preacher/screecher guy had competition from five ladies, a DJ and an emcee showing passersby what Marshalls had to offer. (The outfits were cute. It was a nice idea. Two hours later, I saw them in front of the public library on my way home.)

Today though, Marshalls was at it again... Only this time the store had women dressed up as "fashion police" passing out "citations" to passersby.



At first, when they handed me the "citation" (which was really just a coupon for the store), I was a wee bit offended. I was really happy with my outfit for the day... Paige denim jeans, Marc Jacobs top, Chloe cream flats, Marc Jacobs bag, H&M sunglasses... But then I realized they were handing them out to everyone. So I decided to not take it personally.

Comments

Popular Posts