Dental Spa.

I hate going to the dentist. Every time I go, there seems to be major things wrong. And I usually end up in pain.

I never used to hate going to the dentist, but in the past few years, each time I went to one of the big bad dental "factories" (you know, where there are a ton of dentists working there and they push patients in and out and tell you you need 10 things done... It's all about money), I would leave completely pissed off.

Well, not anymore.

I had a check-up with a new dentist this morning. And it was FANTASTIC!

Dr. Geoffrey Davis, who was a referral from another blogger - Miss Kate at The Dish, is the man to see for all your dental needs.

He's located over on Boylston, across from the Hancock Tower. Very convenient. But it wasn't just the convenient location that was great. His "bed side manner" (is that what they call it for dentists as well as doctors?) was second to none.

The office is quiet. And Frabrizio, the office manager, was very kind and on top of things. Plus, they have a dog in the office. One of the sweetest dogs, named "Beemer." And having a dog in the office is really relaxing, let me tell you.

As for the actual dental work done, it was extremely gentle. And efficient. And Dr. Davis uses this "microdermafusion-esque" tool that sandblasts your teeth clean. (I didn't really believe Kate when she wrote about it, but I figured I would experience it for myself first hand.) This tool really makes you feel like your teeth got worked.

And while he was examining my teeth, Dr. Davis noticed some build up that could possibly turn into cavities later on. So he cleaned them out with a drill (which didn't hurt) and sealed them.

Overall, the experience was quick and pleasant. And it was nice to work with a dentist that is more personal and less "manufactured."

Plus, while he was working on my teeth, "Rent" by the Pet Shop Boys (probably my all-time favorite band) was playing. So that won me over too.

Comments

Popular Posts