The Three Wise Monkeys.

I don't typically do much shopping when I go on vacation. (Believe it or not!) I've gone to Rome and not gotten any fine leather or wine. I went to Paris and did not come back with any new shoes or handbags. And in the Turks, we just rested on the beach. So there were no shops in sight.

But from the spa vacation last week, I did manage to come back with something for our home. Some monkeys.



I was walking past a boutique in the little shopping area of the resort, called "El Pedregal," and found these little creatures in the window. They were just too cute to pass up!

They're hand carved wood monkeys displaying the "see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil" principle.

The lady who owned the store had a bunch of different sets on display that were collected during her childhood. She explained that the three wise monkeys together ward off evil from entering your home. Ideally, you would carve the monkeys above the door to your home. (A wooden carving of the monkeys on a board that I could hang above my home entrance would make a great gift... Hint. Hint.)

I think they're adorable. My husband thinks they're scary. But he scares easily.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I really like those monkeys!

Popular Posts