Someone Needs To Invent It: A Bikram Yoga Sweaty Clothes Bag.

At the end of each yoga practice I face a dilemma.

I can either throw all my sweaty clothes into a water-proof pocket in my yoga bag. Or I can grab a plastic bag from the roll the yoga studio offers and throw them into that, and then put the bag into my yoga bag.

Now, I don't like throwing my sweaty towel and clothes directly into the pocket in my yoga bag because after a while it begins to stink. When you practice a few days a week, and walk home for 30 minutes after each practice, things begin to smell. Then I have to turn my yoga bag inside out (which ain't easy) and do a couple of "spray and air dry" rounds with my tea-tree oil and water mixture. That is time consuming, and to be honest, it doesn't always work well. And I can't throw the entire yoga bag into the washer.

The simple solution is, of course, to just use one of the plastic bags offered by the studio... But this conflicts with my whole resolution to minimize the number of plastic/paper bags I use.

So there's my dilemma.

About a week ago I began looking around online and in stores here in the city to see if there was some kind of reusable waterproof bag that I could throw into my yoga bag. Ideally, it would be something that I could throw into the wash with my yoga clothes each week. But so far, I haven't found anything specific to athletes that works. And that surprises me.

Someone needs to come up with a pouch that is waterproof, machine washable and convenient enough to hold a few clothes and throw into a larger bag.

The only thing I have found that suits my needs is this swimsuit bag I found on Amazon.com. I think I will just go ahead and buy it.

Comments

Popular Posts