My Favorite Flowers.

I'm kinda picky when it comes to flowers. I don't like roses really. And lilies aren't all that great for me either. (Too messy with the pollen!) I tend to love cheaper flowers... Carnations. Daisies. Tulips are lovely too.

But the one flower I do love that can be quite expensive is the peony. (Preferably pronounced "pee-a-knee.") They are on the expensive side (about $8 a stem) and are only available in the Spring. (I tried to get them for my late July wedding nearly three years ago, but could not. No matter how much I offered to pay.)

Today was the first day I was able to find a good few stems, which I located at Winston's on Boylston. And they are beautiful!



I can't believe I found coral peonies! Those are really difficult to find! Winston's even had a deep burgundy color too. But the coral peonies are my absolute favorite. So I took two (on the verge of blooming) and two white peonies (in bloom).

I may just buy some every week throughout the rest of the Spring. This is the only time of year you can really get them.

Comments

'omie said…
Very pretty roses!
Me said…
They're not roses! (Smaht-ass!)

Popular Posts