Boo-Boo.

Has a wee bit of an accident last night. While cooking dinner, I sliced my finger really badly chopping a tomato. (What's with me and tomatoes lately?)



The cut wasn't straight down... But it was deep, and at an angle. I had never cut myself like this before (**at least not since I was five years old) and didn't quite know what to do. So I simply wrapped it in a cloth and kept cooking dinner for another 20 minutes.

When i was done prepping dinner, I got online and looked up what I was supposed to do for the finger. Apparently I was supposed to clean off the blood (which I did), wrap it up (which I did), keep steady pressure applied to it (which I did NOT do), and keep it above my heart to stop the blood flowing out (which I also did NOT do.)

Opps.

Eventually it stopped bleeding. But the slightest thing seems to re-ignite the blood flow, even today. I've had to change the dressing a few times this afternoon. And I couldn't work out because of it.

That'll learn me.

(**When I was five years old, I was staying at my grandmother's house. She had a lemon tree in her backyard. A neighbor boy - also about five - was playing outside with me and wanted on of the lemons cut for him. So I picked a lemon, went into the kitchen and grabbed a steak knife. I took it outside and began slicing the lemon.

I nicked myself right away, on I think the same finger I did yesterday. I ran into my grandmother's pink bathroom in the back of the house quietly shrieking and squirting blood droplets EVERYWHERE.

My mother heard " a commotion" and decided to come to the back and check out what was going on. She came into the bathroom and asked me what I was doing.

"Nothing," I said, as I was slopping the blood from my finger with a light wash cloth. "Nothing. I'm not doing anything."

I always was more of a "fix it myself" kind of person. Didn't want to bother anyone else.)

Comments

Popular Posts