Gentlemen Do Not Always Prefer Blondes. They Prefer Confident Women. Duh.

Was reading a grouping of blogs over at iVillage just now. Came across this posting from one blogger about why she thinks gentlemen tend to prefer blondes.

I don't think they do. I think SOME guys prefer blondes. But I know lots of guys who ADORE red heads. And I even know guys who prefer brunettes or even gals with black hair. ("No eff-ing way!" you say? Believe it, yo.)

The writer of the blog entry isn't a natural blonde. She bleaches her hair. And I think that is maybe where her belief that men prefer blondes stems from... Think about it...

When you change something on yourself, you tend to feel great about it. Whether you bleached your hair blonde, dyed it darker or chopped it all off... You often feel a shift in your confidence. And I think that's what it is about blondes. A lot of women who have blonde hair bleach their hair that way.

I mean, if you're high maintenance enough to bleach your hair or even color it darker on a regular basis (which can be a painful and expensive process), it damn well better make you feel good about your self. Otherwise, you got screwed.

So here's to doing whatever it is you need to do make you feel confident. (For me, it's coloring my gray hairs every two months. Yes, I had them long before 30.)

Comments

Anonymous said…
confidence is totally hot! agreed!

Popular Posts