Need Bath Oil? Just Use Olive Oil.

Desperation was enveloping me this evening.  Dry, itchy desperation.

See, I love baths.  Bubbles... Salts...  Essential oils...  I take a bath at least every other night, in addition to at least one, if not two showers a day.  Summer, Fall, Winter or Spring...  Doesn't matter the season.  I love HOT baths.


What I don't love?  The dry dehydrated skin I get from them.  And it's only worse now that the bitter cold Winter chill is here. (Global warming my ASS!)

So I spent a good part of my afternoon today going from shop to shop to find bath oil.  Not bubble bath.  As bubble bath is drying.  (Even though it can smell incredible!)  

I used to use Jo Malone's bath oil... But, it's so expensive.  And I go through it in about two months.  I needed something more economical.  And my trip to the shops turned up nothing of use.

Back at home, I was bummed.  My skin was itchy under my sweater.  And with it being so cold out (and some of it seeping in through the cracks of our windows) I knew it wouldn't be long before I would be craving a hot bath.

That's when I decided to call upon the almighty Google to help me out.  

I have heard many stories about how you can use olive oil on your body... Like to condition your hair, or soften your feet... But I was wondering if you could use it in your bath.  Sure enough, you can!

I tried it tonight.  And it was really good.  I only added two teaspoons to my bath, along with my usual Epsom salts.  It felt great.  And so far, I haven't had to dump on any lotion after the bath.

I may start trying to formulate my own recipes...  This is way cheaper than the Jo Malone stuff! (Though, if I'm ever able to get a good deal on the JM stuff, I will totally snatch it up!)

Comments

Vanessa said…
If you are not allergic, peanut oil also works well.
Rosa said…
I did my first olive oil bath tonight. It is heavenly mixed with a little bath salts.

Popular Posts