Sample Sales & Discounted Saks - Oh My!

I have been pretty good since coming to NYC yesterday.  Let me tell you just HOW good I have been...

Frogger, Bail and I started our day off today by getting in line for the J. Crew Sample Sale.  It was pretty intense.  We showed up at 9:30am, and we were with in the first 10 people in line.  Once we were allowed into the building, we had to file in a single line to check our coats and bigger bags.  Then we were allowed to go where the clothes were.

I didn't see much that I liked for myself in the women's section... But I did see a bunch of cook vests and cashmere cardigans in the men's section. And I was so tempted to purchase some... But I just didn't "love" anything.  I ended up walking out of the sample sale with a black top and a black cashmere v-neck (from the women's section).  So, just "basics."

Frogger and Bail both scored well... Bail picked up a few blazers and Frogger found a very cool patent leather coat that was major-ly discounted.

Afterwards, we walked up Fifth Avenue to Saks.  I had to visit the shoe floor.  Once we got up there, we saw that they still had a pretty good selection of shoes discounted at 80% off the original price. 

The three of us immediately began pilfering through the shoes.  I only found a pair of knee-high flat boots two sizes too large that I liked.  (They would have only been $100 - I am crushed they didn't fit.)  Bail found a pair of black ballet Ferragamos for about $90...  BUT they only had one shoe in a size 8 1/2 and one shoe in a size 6.  They had no idea why the pairs weren't matching.  But Frogger...  She scored big time...

She found a pair of cute black short boots with a wedge heel, by Stuart Weitzman.  They were marked down to $78.  THAT IS INSANE!!!!

THEN, after we left the shoe floor (Bail and I empty-handed), we noticed they were having a HUGE denim sale on the 4th floor.  HUGE! 

Now, I don't need anymore jeans.  And I am very loyal to Jean Therapy and ONLY buy there.  So I looked for Frogger and Bail, and refused to look for myself, even though there were incredible prices on the jeans.

"I CAN NOT buy any from here," I kept telling the two girls.  "If "Elle" from Jean Therapy ever found out, I would be crushed by her disappointment!"

We had a whole stack for Bail to try on... But the sizes weren't right on her.  We did, however, find a pair of really killer Paige Denim jeans for Frogger that made her ass look incredible! 

The best part?  THE JEANS WERE ONLY $37!!!!

Seriously... For Paige Denim.  Pricing for those jeans normally has an extra $140 attached to that price.

So, for the day Frogger scored HUGE.  Though, I did walk out of another store with my dream suitcase.  So I can't be disappointed.

Comments

That Girl! said…
I'm so impressed by your self restraint with the jeans! And I wouldn't have been disappointed, I swear:)

But I'm so flattered and honored to have you as such a loyal customer; you have no idea what it means to me and my business! If it makes you feel any better, we've had other customers tell us similar stories about how they were in Saks or Barney's and couldn't/didn't buy jeans b/c it wasn't Jean Therapy. Again, I can't even express in words what what means to me to hear that. So, thank you!!!!
Anonymous said…
Wow - Paige Denim for $37 -- whatta score!
Me said…
Yes, Broke Bettie, I am glad YOU recognize this...

I had to BEG and PLEAD for Frogger to get these jeans. they made her butt look amazing AND they were so freaking cheap!!! I had to really sell her on them.

I never realized how "warped" we can be with ourselves and the views of our bodies... She looked AMAZING in these jeans, and I had to promise her that I would buy them off of her (because she is the same size as me) if she got back to Boston and decided she didn't like them.

INSANE!

Popular Posts