Uggs: I Am So Over You.

I used to love Uggs.  But only when it was cold out.  Never in warm temperatures.  And never with mini-skirts or shorts.

Now, though, I am over Uggs.  So over them.

Why?  Well, if you lived in Massachusetts and had to deal with the snowy, icy mess we have had repeatedly over the past month, you would understand.

UGGS AREN'T WATER-PROOF!

You have to waterproof them yourself, after you buy them.  And you have to do it repeatedly, because the water-proofing wears off after a short while.  And with all the watery mess we've had, my feet end up SOAKED after walking around in the snow and slush for a few minutes.

And trust me, in this near arctic chill, you don't want to be walking around with wet feet.

So I am over Uggs.  And it is time to be more practical with my Winter shoes... Especially since I am moving to Canada in a few months.  Sure, it will be Springtime, but Winter will be coming eventually... And it'll be useful to choose boots more wisely.

That's why I am taking an idea from K2 (who I worked with until recently) and ordering the Bromley Boots from J. Crew.



These suckers are weather proof.  And even better, they are on sale.  Not just "sale", but MASSIVE sale!  I scored an extra 30% off of the sale price because J. Crew is super-duper desperate to get rid of them.

So they were $35, before the $8 shipping fee.

And it looks like I was one of the last people to score some, as they are now out of stock.  Or, at least, I hope they ran out after I purchased mine.

Hooray for sales!  And "boo-ray" for Uggs!

Comments

This is the exact reason why I switched to my hunter wellies with the fleece lining. There is nothing worse than cold wet feet when it is five degrees out!!

Great deal on the boots! Cute too!

xox
Bex said…
I love my Uggs, but on Wednesday, when I had SUPER SOGGY feet and FELL I was not such a fan...Thinking of switching over to more substantial boots, just need to find ones I love (I missed out on the Hunter Gilt sale by a few minutes I think!) If you find any other cute ones, let me know!

Popular Posts