Women & Men Are Equal? The Prez Says It Is So.

It's a very good day for America today.

Dear Mr. President,

I like you. I always have. I was skeptical of you during the campaign. You were not my choice for the Democratic ticket, but you were a strong choice.  For all Americans.  And I am more than proud of you today sir.

Thank you, President Barack Hussein Obama, for signing the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act.

And sir, this isn't just a "thank you" for signing the act.  It's a HUGE "thank you" for making it the FIRST PIECE OF LEGISLATION THAT YOU SIGNED.

Part of my preference for Hilary Clinton as the Democratic Presidential nominee was because she was a woman and a champion of women's causes.  But you, sir, have shown all Americans that you care about the equality between women and men.  And I thank you for that.

Your wife daughters... And hell, all Americans... Are very lucky.

Kind regards,
The Missus 

Comments

I so heart out feminist pres. I too was a Hillary fan but I doubt even she would have done this so fast. Again I heart you Obama.

xoxo
Anonymous said…
Wow, this is great.
& applause to Lily Ledbetter for fighting for this.
~Tiann

Popular Posts