New Burberry Trench.

I met up with Yummy Mummy, Legally Blonde and Frogger for brunch this snowy morning. We hit Easter Standard in Kenmore Square. Afterwards, Frogger and I moseyed over to the Prudential and Copley in search of the perfect LBD.  

We did our best to find a legitimate LBD...  But had no luck.  But Frogger was able to convince me to go into the Burberry store in the Copley to "just look" at the trench coats.  (She knew I was missing the one I lost in San Francisco.)

We went in and walked directly to the sales rack in the back.  I was surprised to see a pretty good selection on their... Including one that a friend of ours had recently bought at full price.  I picked up a black one that was a size too small, but on a good discount... About 35% off.  I loved the length of it, and the color was perfect (black.)

"In order to have this fit properly," I said, "I'll have to lose 10 to 15 pounds in the ass."

Frogger, being the solid friend she is, agreed.

So I decided it was a "go" in terms of purchasing it.  And a few minutes later I walked out with a new trench coat. 

 

It will stay in the garment bag it came in until we head to Europe for our Spring trip.  It should be easy enough to finally commit to losing 15 pounds over almost three months.  Normally I wouldn't buy something that didn't fit completely...  But I think this is motivation enough to drop a few pounds in order to have something I love fit.

Comments

Frogger said…
HA. I think the coat looks fantastic and is exactly what you were looking for as a replacement. And, had you tried it on without your wool sweater, I still think it would have fit just right. But let's lose the 10-15 pounds together... maybe then I'll find a LBD that I like.
Black trench = awesome. Yay for you!
Really beautiful trench! What a great find!
Anonymous said…
It is gorgeous and I am jealous!
;)
~Tiann

Popular Posts