Dress Your Age, Lady.

I saw something SO very wrong just now while walking to work.

A lady was wearing a floral skirt that came down to her lower-calf (first mistake), with cream-colored nylons (second mistake) and... BLACK CROCS!!! (The ULTIMATE mistake!)

I walk to work. So I understand the need for comfortable shoes while walking. (I wear black Chuck Taylors.) But this lady needs some help!

First of all, when you wear a skirt, it needs to hit you at a flattering point. On most women, that is just below the knee. Or slightly above the knee. But hitting you below your calf and above your ankle does nothing but suggest you have dumpy legs. (Which I'm sure is not the case with this woman, as she looked quite slender.)

Second, always "Just say 'No' to cream-colored nylons." If you're wearing colored tights, that's one thing. They're thicker. But nylons? They're sheer. And they just don't work on most women.

Third... Well, I don't have to tell you again how I feel about Crocs. These are beach & water shoes people. Wearing these in Winter (especially) drives me nuts. It's like those dumbass chicks who wear Uggs in the middle of the Summer. Uggs are for cold weather. Crocs (if you must wear them) are for the beach in the warmer weather.

I guess it's a sign that women really do want to dress younger than their age. Cream-colored nylons and Crocs? These are only good on people under 10.

Comments

Popular Posts