Too Feminine?

I've had a bit of a dilemma over the past few months. I haven't been able to find bedding that I like enough to buy.

I always "half-way" like something. You know... Feeling like, "It's alright... If I have to, I can live with it. But what if there's something else better out there?"

(Whoa!... That sounded like the complaints I hear from friends regarding dates!)

Anyway... Currently, the Husband and I have white bedding. We got it as a gift for our wedding. And I initially thought it would be way "chic" to have a white bedroom. But I'm too messy when it comes to white. And three years later, the bedding is marked with dark spots from shoes... Or coffee being spilled... (Opps! That was me!)...

So it's time for new bedding. But, another problem I have run into now is that I have to take into consideration what the Husband thinks of any bedding I am considering. With white, it was so easy. We both liked it. But now I find myself falling in love with a set of bedding that he is not crazy about...



It's green with a "vegetation" design on it. It's from Anthropologie, my favorite store, and it's so pretty. But Husband really wanted blue bedding. But everything he owns is blue.

Pale blue, to be exact. And I guess, to be fair, it's just his dress shirts that are pale blue. But that's all he owns. (Seriously!) He doesn't wear other colors. And I just want something different for our bedroom. Everyone has blue bedrooms when they become a "couple."

It's too safe. I want different, but not crazy.

So what do you think people? Is the bedding too "feminine?"

Comments

Chris Wight said…
Yes, way too fem. Guys usually go for solid colors, usually white or something dark. Floral prints or busy designs basically tell a guy it's not his room, he just sleeps there.
Me said…
Well.. I'm the one who cleans the room usually. And I don't do solid colors. Gotta have texture. And no dark. Gotta be light.
bonbonagogo said…
I like it, and I don't think it's too fem, but hey, I'm a girl. Have you looked through the West Elm catalog at all? They have pretty gender neutral stuff...we got our comforter there and our bedding from pottery barn. It's neutral stripes, but I like it...and since I moved into HIS place, I had to accept it...FOR NOW. It matches the boy coloured walls. We were in Crate & Barrel the other day and I was fawning over some simple Japanese floral bedding...and he said it will never happen.
Me said…
I have looked at West Elm... I didn't see anything that struck my fancy. And my problem with what Crate and Barrel has lately is that it's all "too matchy-matchy." I like the pillows to be different than the bedding... Everything seemed to match too much at C&B.
bonbonagogo said…
If you like to mix it up, why don't you get the different pieces at different stores? Then it could be unique and original!
Me said…
Thought about that too... Problem is, there's very little to choose from out there that would go with the C&B stuff. I've looked at multiple sources. Why couldn't they just make the pillows different from the bedding?

Popular Posts