Spa Vacation!

Twenty-three days and counting... Till I leave for my birthday spa vacation at The Boulders resort in Carefree, Arizona.

I am so pumped for the vacation. I called the spa at the resort today and booked some treatments for the Husband and I.

He's never "spa'd" before and is keeping it low key with just a massage (which he's never had before) and a session of Reiki.

I am living it up, meanwhile, and having the following:
  • Numerology - Discover the hidden secrets in the alphabet and how each letter in your name describes your strengths and challenges. This self-awareness tool was developed by the ancient Greek, Pythagoras, who believed that numbers and symbols are a language to help us understand more of who we are. A booklet is included.
  • Vitamin C Facial - Enjoy the rejuvenation of this relaxing facial and hand treatment using Vitamin C products, which are known to firm and tone the skin. After a thorough exfoliation, the face, neck and décolletage are intensely hydrated and revitalized. The antioxidant properties of the Vitamin C products are unequaled. Often neglected, the hands are treated to the same luxurious care. Noticeable changes are common following this wonderfully relaxing treatment.
  • Massage - This customized service allows the therapist to create a personalized therapy just for you. Using different styles of massage and body work creates overall balance and the ultimate in relaxation.
  • Hypnotherapy - Change defeating beliefs and behaviors at the subconscious level in a relaxed state of focused attention to create successful changes in your life...losing weight, quitting smoking, enhancing your golf game, or improving your career.
  • Shamanic Touch Session - This alternative healing modality employs the techniques of the Shaman, establishing a dialogue between the ailing part of the client's body and the healer to determine the best method of healing. Based on the premise that ailments are messages, issues are brought out to deal with, allowing the inner healing to begin. For example, a person with lower back pains may feel a lack of support in some area of life, or a person with liver problems may carry unresolved angers. Once the subconscious causes of illness are identified, the Shaman follows up with energy-raising treatments using sunshine or the elements, connecting with the grounding earth by whatever treatment is called for.
I may add something more to my list, if I have time. But I plan to spend a lot of time just relaxing by the pool; and of course, visiting with my family. (My little sister graduates from university that week.)

As you can see from my list above, I went with more "New Age-y" types of treatments, rather than body treatments. I'm really happy with my occasional facial, acupuncture and massage sessions from Exhale, here in Boston. And the whole point of having a spa vacation in Arizona was to try the things I can't get done here in Boston.

I'm so pumped. Turning 30 is awesome!

Comments

Popular Posts