Hey Jack Ass... It's Freezing Out Here!

Went out to grab some lunch a little while ago. And because I would above the Borders bookstore in downtown, we get all kinds of people in the street trying get our attention about something. Usually it's the guy screeching about God, and how we're going to hell. And there's also the group of guys who hand out "designer men's wear for a discount" fliers.

Well, today it was a new thing. There were a bunch of guys in jackets walking around trying to get people's attention about global warming. I think they are trying to collect donations for it.

One guy came up to me, as I was hurrying back to my office with my lunch in hand.

Green Jacket Guy: "I know you're concerned with global warming miss! Can I talk to you for a few minutes?"

Me, The Missus: "Um... It's 36 degrees out here, and you want to chat about how 'hot' the Earth is getting? Yeah, no thanks man."

And I ran away.

I do believe in global warming. And I do believe that we need to do something about it. Something more aggressive. But I really don't want to talk about how "hot" things are when it's blistery cold outside.

I'm sure once Spring/Summer hit, they'll have much more success getting people to chat with them.

Comments

Popular Posts