Zico!

A few months ago the yoga studio I practice at started offering some new fancy kind of water for post class re-hydration.

Typically, I went for the Vitamin Waters or Fruit Waters. The Vitamin Waters tasted yummy but made my stomach ache later from all the sugar. The Fruit Waters were yummy, but not as tasty.

But then the studio started to offer a new coconut water drink called "Zico." And I've been hooked on it since.



Zico is actually better for re-hydrating your body (especially after a 90 minute Bikram class) because it replenishes the electrolytes you've sweat away more quickly. There's no sugar added and is low in acidity... So that means you're body can absorb to the 100% coconut water (packed with potassium) right away, and it won't make your belly ache.

Now, if you're not a huge fan of plain coconut water (as I am not), then you will want to go with one of the flavored options of the water. Surprisingly, I love the Mango flavor. That is surprising because I hate mangoes.

You can order Zico online at Drugstore.com... Or you can go take a Bikram class at Bikram Yoga Boston/Harvard Square and try one after class.

But keep in mind, it's not just a yoga drink. It's ideal for any active person. And it's way better for you than a Gatorade or Vitamin Water.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi,

I also love coconut water. The one I recommend is ONE.

www.onenaturalexperience.com

Cheers
Anonymous said…
I LOVE O.N.E. COCONUT WATER!!!
Anonymous said…
Well, I won't remain anonymous :)

The great thing about Zico vs O.N.E., which is also a good coconut water, is that Zico has all-natural flavored coconut waters that derive their mango and passion fruit flavors from flower essences. That way, Zico doesn't add any sugar or acidity to the coconut water and still keeps it natural.

Additionally, Zico gives 5% of its proceeds back to the community in Para, Brazil that harvests our coconuts.

Namaste,
John R. Ferrell
Zico Operations Manager

Popular Posts