New Decade, New Moisturizer.

Thirty is only a mere four and a half days away for me. And it wasn't until I was about 24 that I started using a moisturizer regularly on my face. Before that, I just didn't give a crap.

But at that time, I was working at a beauty public relations boutique firm. And my boss at the time (the president) told me I really needed to start thinking about long-term damage to my skin. Even though I avoided the sun like mad (part of the reason I had moved to NYC... Lots of tall buildings surrounding me), there are so many other toxic things in the air to worry about, she told me. So I started using Clinique's yellow moisturizer that's good for everyone.

But now that I am heading into my 30s, I need to step it up a little, I think. I no longer use the Clinique stuff... Gave it up about two years ago and began using "Physician's Choice of Arizona." But now I feel I need a change from that too. So I am caving just like many women my "age" have and am giving La Mer a try.

Yep. Creme de La Mer.



I used to make fun of chicks who bought this stuff. But recently I was reading in a UK beauty magazine about the stuff. And my birthday is this week. So I figured I'd splurge for it and give it a shot for a few months.

I picked some up yesterday over at Neiman Marcus. I've used it twice - once last night and then again this morning. My skin feels softer. But the cream is thick. So that makes sense. And I have ultra dry skin lately. Especially on my cheeks. So maybe it'll help ease that for good.

I'll update you with my review later this week!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Let me know how you like it! I am one of those "Old 31" year olds :) and am still in-search of the perfect moisturizer that fights the brutal variable temperatures of the northeast AND the aging process (sigh)...

Popular Posts