No More Meat.

Well... Kind of. I'm not giving up all meat. But I am 86-ing the following from my diet for the next few weeks (at least):
  • Bacon
  • Any kind of cured meats
  • Red meat
  • Pork
  • Most poultry
You, naturally, are probably wondering why I am giving up meat... Well, I finally figured out what was making me feel sick last week.

I felt sick later in the evenings a few days, after I had eaten dinner. Dinner for me always includes meat. Usually red meat. But as I tried eating a piece of pepperoni pizza on Friday evening, I finally connected in my brain what was going on.

I have always been a huge meat eater. And meat can be difficult for your body to break down and digest. And as I have been doing all these things to "detox" my body lately, it would make sense that my body wants things in it that are easier to break down. It's more sensitive to what I put in it.

So, I'm not against eating meat. I love my steak medium-rare. But I definitely need to cut back on how much meat I am eating. Meat (red meat and cured meats especially) should be treated as "special occasion" food. Just like creme brulee.

Comments

Popular Posts