HP & OOTP New Trailers.

About six years ago, my Mum sent me a book on CD. It was a book she said she knew I would really like. So she insisted that I listen to it.

So I took it with me to the gym after work on day and listened to it while on the elliptical machine. And I was hooked. I couldn't stop listening to it. The story was just way too exciting to stop.

The book was "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone." Before getting it on CD, I had never thought to read it because I saw it as a "child's book."

And while, yes, the first few books are appropriate for children, the story is absolutely appealing to adults. And I never hesitate to tell even the snobbiest people I have met (who say to me, "That's a child's book. WHY do you read it?") that I am a HUGE Harry Potter fan. I have even competed in a Harry Potter trivia competition against the most devout readers that included both children and adults.

And you know those people who line up at insane hours to get the newest versions of the books? I am one of those people. I also listen to Wizard Rock bands AND a few different Harry Potter-based WEEKLY podcasts.

So, yes, I'm a bit of an "HP Geek."

And right now, I'm going to "geek out" on you over the following.

In the past few days, even newer versions of the trailer for the next HP film, "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix," have been released. One is the US version. the other is the UK version.

There were many disappointed HP fans after the last HP film, "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire," because the film seemed to skip out on a number of key things from the story in the book. But, from what we're hearing, the latest film does a fantastic job of sticking to the important plot points, and even does a fantastic job interpreting some stuff that would be difficult to transition from book to screen.

Also, the film appears to finally be reflecting the darkness that is in the overall story-arc of the series. At least, according to the trailers below, that's the feeling you get. So I'm quite excited. Only a little over two months till the film comes out. (And then the following week, the final book comes out.)

You can bet your ass I will be there opening day to watch this movie. (In IMAX... Where the last 30 minutes of the flick are going to be in 3D!)

US Trailer


UK Trailer (My favorite of the two!)

Comments

Popular Posts