"Kiss (Him) A Lot."

Now, I don't understand why people like American Idol so much.

Of course, I hate most reality TV, so I am biased. And if I ever do watch any part of American Idol, it's usually the very last episode of a season when the results are announced... And only if there's nothing else on TV at that time.

But I now find myself actually rooting for someone on American Idol. I REALLY want Sanjaya Malakar to win.

Why?

Like that Seinfeld episode where Jerry tries to return a jacket he bought out of "spite," I too want Sanjaya to win out of "spite."

Look people, this show is a bit of a joke. And it's not really entertaining unless there are people who are worth talking about on the show. With exception of Carrie Underwood (who went anorexic and country) and Kelly Clarkson (the Original American Idol), no AI winner is worth talking about today. It's always the losers who we continue to chat about long after the show. (Katharine McPhee, Clay Aiken, Jennifer Hudson, Chris Daughtry...)

I'd like to bring back attention to the winner of American Idol. I want this season's winner to be somebody worth remembering after the show ends. And I think that someone is Sanjaya.

He's so bad it's good. And he has the personality to be famous. And the hair. (Do you even understand how many women would want naturally wavy hair that looked beautiful like his does?)

So if I can remember to next week, I'm gonna call in and vote for Sanjaya. Though I probably won't watch the show next week.

Check Sanjaya's performance of "Besame Mucho" (Kiss Me A Lot) on last night's episode.

Comments

Popular Posts