New rule.

I've lived in Boston almost three years now. (Gasp!) And in this time, I've adjusted to the colder weather. I go outside without a hat in winter all the time... And I rarely need to button up my coat.

So because I have adjusted to the chill, I have come up with a new rule for myself. Whenever the temperature hits above 55 degrees, I get to wear flipflops.

Seriously, we Bostonians spend months with our toes tucked into some of the most unattractive shoes (like Uggs). So when the heat breaks a little, we should feel inclined to show off our feet and put on some cuter shoes.

I spent the entire late morning and early afternoon out in the city (from Boylston and Newbury Streets all the way to downtown crossing) in a pair of jeans, a creamy sweater I bought ages ago at H&M and my black Reef flipflops. It was really comfortable. And I hope next weekend, I will be able to do this again.

Comments

Anonymous said…
yes, as a bostonian by birth i completely understand how sad your feet can get trapped in unattractive shoes.
my rule:
if there is not precipitation on the ground then flipflops are appropriate attire
...watch out for those days w/ severe wind chills though

Popular Posts