Furniture Is Arriving!

The first of our multiple deliveries of furniture has arrived. Today we got most of the furniture that we ordered back in June for our living room, bedroom and guest room.

Yippee!

Here is what the living room looks like...





I decided that because I don't believe in formal dining, I would take the space reserved for a dining area and turn it into a less formal sitting area. The sitting area towards the front, which has a coffee table instead of the ottoman, is the more formal area. I am still waiting on two oriental rugs for each area, as well as two formal sitting chairs for the front area. Those are going to be arriving in mid-September. So I will have to wait. :(

Our bedroom furniture arrived as well...





We have mattresses coming on Friday for both our bedroom and guest room. But here is what the guest room bed frame looks like...



I can't wait for it all to come together! Our Boston stuff arrives on Friday. So we are almost there!!!

(This furniture... This is part of the reason why I am not going to Bikram Yoga Teacher Training this fall. I didn't realize exactly how expensive furniture was... I mean, I was used to IKEA and Crate and Barrel on sale stuff. So, I failed to budget properly. Lesson learned. Saving up again!)

Comments

Sarah said…
Absolutely Beautiful. Where did you order your furniture? We are still using pieces from IKEA and Crate and Barrel, but it works for us for now! We ordered our first bedroom and living room set 3 years ago and love them, but hopefully next year we'll move the living room set in the the (to-be) finished basement and get a new one. We're also mixing some contemporary pieces with antique furniture from my grandparents. We're hoping in our down time to update some of the hardware on it and stuff. I'll post pics once we get there. Moving our furniture on Friday, YAY!
Me said…
We ordered from Ethan Allen. The last time we ordered furniture was four and a half years ago. It was Crate and Barrel stuff, on sale.
Kimberley said…
How exciting! You are much braver than I am...I generally have to stick with very dark colors for our furniture, since it is inevitable that I will knock over a glass of red wine, etc.

Have you started calling a couch a "chesterfield" or that just my Canadian inlaws??
Me said…
LOL!!! My husband once referred to our couch as a "chesterfield"... I asked him what the he'll was his problem and what the he'll he was talking about.

We won't use the main room much. It is mostly for guests. We'll likely just use the family room in the kitchen. We will have dark furniture there.
Mei said…
Love love love love love your furniture.

*swoons.
Anonymous said…
I'm drooling over the chaise lounge chair!

Popular Posts