The Bridesmaid Dress.

I've never been a bridesmaid. Only the bride. My plan was to go through life with never having to be one, but my younger (only) sister had another plan for me. She asked me to be her Matron of Honor for her wedding next Spring/Summer at Disneyland... And of course I said, "YES!"

She did it for me. And I made it really simple for her, being my only bridesmaid. Now she is doing the same for me... Even letting me (more or less) pick out my own bridesmaid gown. The only stipulation she has is that it be a deep purple.

So far, I have found one that I think is amazing and will really work next to the wedding gown that she will be wearing...


Not only is this a fun bridesmaid dress, but it is something I could very easily get away with wearing to other weddings as a guest. Or out to dinner.

It's strapless (obviously) with a sweetheart neckline and an over-lay of black bobinette. Underneath is the deep eggplant color. And the whole thing has a deconstructed feel to it. It adds "whimsy." Which is perfect for a wedding in the Magic Kingdom.

I am still gonna look to see if I find anything else fun... But I think this is the one I will be ordering after the new year.

Now to find accessories... (Though I am hoping she will allow me to wear my Diors with this dress.)

Comments

Anonymous said…
Love it! Its Vera right? Seen it at a friends wedding and it was gorgeous!
Me said…
YES! It is Vera Wang! I am so glad to hear it looked good in person.
Oooo, I love it!! J. Crew has some great bridesmaid dresses, too, although this one really is lovely.
Frogger said…
Did you ever see 27 Dresses? At one point my closet was FULL of horrific bridesmaid dresses in every horrific color you can imagine.

After the 'pink' wedding - and by pink I mean: Pepto-bismol pink dress with matching pink shoes, pink headband, pink pearls, pink jewelry and pink handbag...

I vowed never to be another bridesmaid unless it meant wearing a black cocktail dress.

Popular Posts