Walk-In Closet: It Can Save You Money.

One thing I will note about having my own closet is that it is much easier to see everything you own...



This is only one third of my closet.  It is actually in an "L" shape pattern.  Having the built-in shelving really helps me see and organize everything that I have got.  

In Boston, everything was tucked away, I would forget about stuff.  I never wore dresses, because I forgot I had them tucked away in the back of the closet.  And it is much easier to see all my beloved jeans.  Today I pulled out my pair of Red Engine jeans to wear to work. I hadn't worn them since probably February.

FEBRUARY!

I really should have said, "screw having an office" in my last apartment. I should have turned my office into my own walk-in dressing room, rather than having the shared one with my husband.  Having shelves where I could see everything nicely organized would have saved me the tons of money I spent on clothes I didn't need - all because I forgot I already had something similar but forgot about it.  

"Outta sight, outta mind."

I will never go without a walk-in dressing room/closet ever again.  I will forgo a living room or bedroom before I go with out one.

Comments

Leah said…
Walk-In-Closet. It's like the most beautiful phrase in the English dictionary!
Ly said…
The organization of a walk in closet is essential isn't it? Loving the new house! Congrats on moving.
Lindy B said…
Hey Misses! Your closet looks like everything has its place - something we all strive for in all rooms. :-)

Do you have any advice for turning a very small, office-sized spare bedroom into a walk-in closet without breaking the bank? This is my latest project with my boyfriend...we have a great space, but not a lot of funds, or ideas for that matter. We currently have a lot of plastic-like drawers that look much too 'dormroom.'

Thoughts?
Many thanks!
-Lindy B
Vanessa said…
I'm with you on the walk-in closet. My biggest one was 14'x11' and the one I have now is about half of that. While its smaller, I love being able to see everything I own and even hang my pajamas!

Popular Posts