Frederic Fekkai Salon Color - Product Review.

A few months back I was in Sephora and I discovered this...

Frederic Fekkai's Salon Color.

Since I usually only go for a one-color process at the salon, there really is no reason for me to not do it myself. In Boston, I would spend close to $100 for my hair to be colored. And that's with nothing fancy being done... No highlights. No multi-colors. Just one color - a dark one - blanketed across my entire head.

"This really shouldn't cost $100," I would always tell myself. The salon did a fabulous job. And every time I tried to color myself at home, I could never get the same type of even coverage on all my strands.

So I resolved to keep going back to the salon. And paying the $$$ every few months.

But when I saw the FF Salon Color at Sephora, I became giddy. Not only did the kit include the color and conditioner I would need to process my hair, but it also included an incredibly useful mixing bowl and pick-brush to color my strands.



It seemed to be all I needed to color my grays...



This is about two and half months worth of gray-growth at my roots. EEK! I have had gray since I was about 13 years old. But I didn't start regularly covering it till I was about 24.

So, how did the product work?

Very well!



This is the finished result. Nice, even color. No splotches of extra darkness anywhere. The kit was very easy to use. And so far, after about four hair washings, the color seems to be sticking well.

I imagine will be able to go a full two and a half months before I have to recolor.

Comments

Lori said…
Excellent results! I have a box of Fekkai hair color in my cabinet but have been scared to use it. I pay big bucks as well at the salon every six weeks for color and highlights and don't want to screw it up at home. What color did you use if you don't mind me asking? My hair color is very similar. I have 7N, Dark Blond. Love your blog. I'm a new Bikram addict.
Ally W said…
Looks great - totally glossy and shiny too...good find Missus! Now if I could only ditch my highlights...hmm, not going to happen!
Me said…
Lori.. I used 4N, "Dark Brown." I have natural red, blonde and gray hairs mixed in with my natural dark brown color. I like it all to be one color.

Bikram kicks ass!!!

Cali-Ally... Totally hear you on not wanting to give up the highlights... It is hard to give them up once you get going with them. I only had them once... Like a year before I got married... they didn't look good on me though. I am too pale and my hair naturally too dark.
Tiabla said…
Heh, I just saw this recommended in my latest Glamour, googled "frederic fekkai color reviews" and your post showed up.

I'm going to try it today with Light Brown (6N). I haven't colored my hair at home in over a decade, but that $150 I spend on salon color could be better spent, methinks.
Anonymous said…
I have the same problem. All over color just to cover up random grays, and they dye my hair with a level 4.

When you used the fredrick fekkai, did you put it all over your head or just on the roots where the grow out was?

thanks!
Heather
Me said…
hey Heather!

I put it all over my hair the first time I used it, just to make sure the color blended well. The second time I used it, I focused just on the roots.

Popular Posts