Twenties Girl.

I don't enjoy chick lit much these days.

My fascination with chick lit began 10 years ago when I graduated from university. I switched from reading text books to reading novels. And the first few novels I picked up to read were The Girls' Guide To Hunting And Fishing and Bridget Jones's Diary.

I was hooked.

Shortly after I moved to NYC nearly nine years ago, I saw a book in the Barnes & Noble in Union Square that caught my eye... It was hot pink... And it was called Shopaholic. It was by Sophie Kinsella. Since then, I have read every book by Sophie K. Some have been disappointments. But her newest one is not...

It was a FAB read!



Twenties Girl was a totally fun read. It is about a young woman struggling with what many of us struggle with: career, misguided love, money and a ghost.

Okay, well.... Maybe not all of us have to deal with ghosts. Rather, we deal with metaphorical ghosts. But all the other things I can relate to. I'm not going to spoil it for you, but this is a good (and quick) read. It is worth the time and money investment to read it.

And that's not something I can say about a lot of books these days.

Comments

I really liked this one too! Also the new Weiner book Best Friends, and Green's Dune Road are really good too. Back to the true chick lit roots without all the fluff!
cath said…
Thanks for the rec. Summer's always a good time for chick lit.

Popular Posts