510 Calories.

I started my day with two things today. The second was a dental cleaning (which has now left me in pain - and I have to go back on Friday for a cavity filling...), and the first was a training session.

The training session, since I had today off from work, meant that I could get a good boxing session in with The Trainer. Out boxing sessions have really come a long way since when we started a few months ago. I no exhaust myself with two 10 minute round combination sequences - with no rest. And in between the two 10 minute rounds (we start with one and end with one), he teaches me new sequences and has me working on my kicks.

Up until today, the greatest number of calories I had burned in a single session was 480. And that's a lot for 55 minutes of working out... But today I got through an additional 30 calories today... Making the grand total 510.

Not only did I get through a lot of calories, my heart rate stayed very high the whole time. My maximum was 175 beats per minute. My average was about 147. So this was a very cardio-intense workout.

So now, my muscles and my gums are really sore.

Comments

Grace said…
what kind of heart rate monitor do you use? Do you like it?
Me said…
I use a Polar heart monitor and strap. Have for the past year and a half. Love it!

Popular Posts