I Am Expensive To Take On Vacation...

Now...  First, please recognize, people, that I earn my own money.  The Husband and I treat each other to nice things... But I pay for all the things I buy and post about on this blog.

That said, I must now write about a tragedy.

About a year ago, I bought the T3 travel blow dryer.  And I bought the T3 flat iron.  When I went to London, I lost the flat iron in a tragic converter incident.  And because of that, I went the extra-extra step before my Australian trip.  I went to Brookstone and specifically asked if my 1600 watt blow dryer would work using a specifically powerful converter.

The Brookstone fellow assure me it would. 

Well, he lied.

I just tried to use my converter and blow dryer...  And my blow dryer caught on fire.

THERE WERE FLAMES INSIDE OF IT!

AND THEN THERE WERE SPARKS!!!!!

Now, the TV in the hotel room won't turn on.  And I have no way to finish straightening my hair.


The blow dryer and converter are now gone for good.  On the plus side, it's less I will have to pack in my bag.  

Let's recap what this trip has cost me so far, shall we?
  • 1 Burberry trench coat, $300
  • 1 Brookstone Global converter, $40
  • 1 T3 travel blow dryer, $130
Total: $470

Comments

Arielle said…
oh noooo! that sucks
Ugh...I learned last year that the Brookstone people are either really incompetent or just don't care. My dryer met the same fate last year in London despite Brookstone's reassurance that I had the correct converters.

As for tonight, why not try and see if the concierge has a spare they could send up to you?
Anonymous said…
Where in the world did you find a Burberry trench for $300!?

Condolences in regards to your hairdryer. You should talk to the Brookstone manger. I think a reimbursement is in order.
Dan said…
Life is unpredictable, but predictable.

Put a smile on your face today.
So the question is what did you do with the other half of your hair!!!

Popular Posts