2008 Resolutions: A Review.

It's New Year's Eve here in Melbourne.  So I have only about 16 hours till 2009 begins.  So I should get to posting what I completed in 2008 that I set out to.  

So here is an assessment of my resolutions from 2008...
  • Tone up! - I have definitely toned up A LOT.  I haven't lost any weight.  But I didn't really set out to, at least not through toning up and exercising.   Has my body-shape changed in 2008. Yes, a little.  My shoulders and back are much stronger and better proportioned to the rest of me.  And I've noticed in recent weeks that my thighs are changing shape too.  I credit this to the new trainer and his making me lift much heavier weights.
  • Eat better! - Yeah... This one I failed at.  My eating habits are completely shady.  I tried to not eat meat...  But it's difficult.  Who doesn't love bacon and want to nibble it when you smell it? And it's just so much easier at the end of the day, or at lunch, to just grab some processed crappy (but yummy) food.
  • Drink a lot less coffee. - Believe it or not... In 2008 I did drink less coffee than I did in 2007.
  • Drink more wine.  - DONE!  I think the trip to Rome really cemented this one for me...  Though, I do pick up a bottle of red wine every two weeks and have a few ounces most nights.
  • Buy no new clothes in January. - I don't recall if I did that one.  I would have to check my bank statement to confirm for sure.
  • Ask Mr. Sports "Can I work from home?" a lot less. - I don't think I bothered him with that one too much.  But now my bothering of him has been replaced with other things that are silly and useless.
  • Find new ways to keep the workplace "lively." - I hired a team this year...  Their providing plenty of liveliness for the office.  And then some...
  • Return Netflix DVDs in a timely fashion. - No worries on that one. I don't even use Netflix anymore.
  • Develop a new schedule. - I failed at this one.  I kept setting schedules to manage my time better, but rarely did I follow it completely.
  • Blog 1,000 times in the 366 days of 2008. - DONE!  Or rather, it will be done once I finish another post after this one.
So the year of 2008 was known as the year of "progress and gain."  There was definitely progress in some areas.  And there were gains.  So, now it's time to make my 2009 resolutions!

Comments

Vanessa said…
I remember you setting the goal of 1000 posts and was wondering if you made it. Congratulations!
Anonymous said…
Oh dear, don't have a bottle of wine open for two weeks! Two days max!
Your vacation sounds lovely. :)
Me said…
Thanks Vanessa!

Anonymous... I know... I am bad with wine. I used to keep one open for THREE weeks, and would still never finish it!

Perhaps that should be a resolution for 2009? Go through one bottle of red wine a week?
Anonymous said…
Wine will oxidize after opening. Maybe 3 days max to keep an open bottle. Enjoy! Red wine is good for you! :)

Popular Posts